Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Simplicity 3669 - Pajamas - Part 5

Los Pantalones

No, I don't speak Spanish.  The title is a nod to the fact that, thanks to sewing, I now know the words for front, back and cut in at least three languages.  That's gotta come in handy one day, right?

The trousers for this pattern were super easy and quick to make.  Since I was using an overlocker, I changed the order of instructions a bit so that I didn't have to keep switching between machines.

First, I hemmed the trouser legs and then sewed the bottom 2 cm of the inner leg seam.  This helps to keep the hem in place when using the serger.  Without this stitching, I end up having a hem that doesn't match up properly.


 Very nice...


Now for the crotch seam.  Have I mentioned how much I love my overlocker?


 Next, we press the waistband to create the elastic casing.  The elastic goes in and...


...we have pantalones!

Next:  Extra Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment